- Downtown, Jazz fans will be boppin’ over at Jazz Central Club on East 3rd St. Just $5 cover for 3 hours of incredible Jazz that sizzles! Show 7:30-10:30pm.
- Yellow Cab continues their “Showcase Thursday” series this week with another fine line-up of singer/songwriters: Bryan Wells, The Groove Philosophers, Wolf Cryer, Tim Spoores and John Dubuc. Show from 8-11pm.
It’s always a big ole party over at Oddbody’s Music Room when Reverend Peyton’s Big Damn Band is in town. Local rock’a’billy band Cherry Lee & The HotRod Hounds supports this super fun show! Doors: 7:00 pm / Show: 7:30 pm. $12.00 advance. $15.00 day of show. 18+
- EDM aficionados will love Volume Deep with Brett Johnson (Dallas / Berlin) atTHERAPY cafe. Sounds like a truly incredible show – this guy is legit! Regional DJs are also on tap. 9pm – 3am. $12 before midnight, $15 after. 18+
- RockStar Pro Arena always has some great shows too! IK Promotions presents: Youth In Revolt (hardcore from New Jersey) with Light Up The Sky, Vesta Collide, and Thousand Below. Local acts Life In Idle and Mountain-House are also performing. So much music! Doors: 6:00pm. Presales: $10
- Music plus breweries is always a fun combo. Friday evening check out Billy Strings at Star City Brewery in Miamisburg for their Bluegrass Series. From the reviews I’ve heard about this guys – sounds like it’ going to be quite the show! He’s performed with the likes of Del McCoury, David Grisman, and Larry Keel. Nice! Show 8:00pm. Advance tickets $17 or $20 door. Limited seating available. Pre-sales are encouraged. 8-11pm
- Reggae fans in Yellow Springs, check out Cincinnati’s Know Prisoners at Peach’s Grill. 10pm. 21+
Saturday, June 17
- Quench your thirst for cold brews & Blues at Fraze Pavilion‘s Blues Fest 2017. The coolest part of this “Blues, Brews & Barbeque” festival is that it’s free to attend! Festival starts at 4pm. Music schedule as follows:
- 4:00 PM – Noah Wotherspoon
- 6:00 PM – Davy Knowles
- 8:00 PM – Anthony Gomes
- Dayton favorites Puzzle of Light are performing at one of their favorite spots, the Trolley Stop. Always a delightful evening, that’s appropriate for a variety of ages and audiences! 9:30pm. $5. 21+
- Prog rockers Others by No One are celebrating their album release show at Rock Star Pro Arena on Saturday night. In addition to them playing the album front to back, they’ve got local guest bands performing with them, including: ZUEL, The Earth Laid Bare, Bipolar Opposites, and Tran Kohn. Presale: $10.
- The Dayton Underground Series is back with their next installment of IndieWild! The performance is at one of our favorite downtown venues: Yellow Cab. Check out the curated line-up: Sam at Eleven, The Florals, and Seth Canan & The Carriers. Advance: $8. Door: $10. VIP Series passes on sale now for $50 here. 8pm – 12am. 18+
- Yet another seriously cool show for alternative music enthusiasts. Check out psychedelic rockers Salvadore Ross, along with their friends from Birmingham, Alabama, The Old Paints, and longtime local friends A Shade of Red at Jimmie’s Ladder 11.
- Out east of town, jam band and funk fans will be boogin’ and smilin’ at Wham Bam On the Road at One Eyed Jack’s, across from Wright State on Colonel Glenn. Bands Riding with Cheech and The Mainline Funk are bringing on the funk and the fun! No cover! Music starts at 9pm. Come early for dinner and happy hour!
- Enjoy a lovely evening of music in Yellow Springs with 2 lovely ladies: Starting at 10pm with Kelly Zullo, followed by Kyleen Downes at 11pm. There is a birthday in the house – so get ready to celebrate! Head over to Peach’s Grill for all the fun! 10pm. No cover!
As always, thank you for supporting live music!
Your Dayton Music Insider,
Note to Readers: The information above is for June 15th-17th, 2017. If I don’t list a price, I’m not sure what it is. Typically cover charges for local concerts are $5. Please click the hyperlinks to find out more about the bands, venues, and events, including start times, directions, and ticket availability. Keep up with my live music adventures on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. Enjoy the show!